7″ Long Nose Locking Pliers
The AUTO-GRIP® locking pliers from Autogrip.com with its patented locking mechanism quickly self-adjusts and locks on thick and thin objects without the need to turn a knob, saving time and energy for homeowners, DIYers, tradesmen and contractors.. Learn more…
AUTO-GRIP® locking pliers from Autogrip.com have a patented locking mechanism, allowing them to quickly self-adjust and lock on thick and thin objects without the need to turn a knob.
- Is 7 times faster and 100% easier than traditional locking-pliers.
- The extended lower jaw rivet provides increased tip pressure with the same hand force.
- Features the same heavy-duty construction as a standard locking pliers.
- Fully complies with ASME specification B107.24.
- This tool has hundreds of uses; such as an adjustable wrench, pipe wrench, clamp pliers, wire cutter and portable vice.
- Has a tough nickel-plated finish for maximum resistance to corrosion.
What is unique about AUTO-GRIP® 7″ LONG NOSE LOCKING PLIERS
AUTO-GRIP® is the final evolution of the original locking pliers invented by William Petersen, a blacksmith from Nebraska, in 1924. It is the first self-adjusting, completely automatic, one-handed locking pliers that anyone can use regardless of hand size or strength. It is seven times faster and 100% easier than traditional locking pliers. We’ve gotten rid of the bothersome and time-consuming adjustment knob on the old-fashioned locking pliers.
How does the AUTO-GRIP® 7″ PLIERS work?
The AUTO-GRIP® can clamp on to various sized objects without adjustment thanks to our patented center, cam, lever and lock pin located on the inside of the handle. This is our “secret sauce”. These internal parts are manufactured from precious metals, hardened at high temperatures, then quenched and assembled in a manner that allows the plier’s jaws to adjust to various thicknesses then clamp tightly when a clamped object is encountered. Gripping pressure may be regulated to each individual user’s own grip using our patented “set & forget” screw.
Once you locate the adjustment knob, increase the gripping pressure simply by turning the setscrew clockwise. To decrease, simply turn counter clockwise. Once you have the desired clamping pressure you never have to adjust it again. It’s that simple.
See our How-it-works video for additional information!
NOW WITH A HARD RUBBER GRIP ON THE HANDLE TO PREVENT HAND SLIPPAGE
- Patented locking mechanism locks on thick or thin objects without adjusting
- Tough nickel-plated finish for maximum resistance to corrosion
- Forged Cr-V Jaws with induction-hardened teeth for ultimate durability
- Integrated wire cutter that can cut up to 1/4 inch bolt
- Hard rubber grip on handle helps prevent hand slippage
- Tested to exceed 450 lbs jaw pressure
- Pull-up release allows for one-handed opening when locked
- Complies with ASME Specs B107.24
- Lifetime Warranty
Item No.: 42006
Length: 7″ (200mm)
Jaw Opening: 2-1/4″ (57mm)
Covered by our Lifetime Warranty.
Designed in the U.S.A under authorized license with final assembly in Springfield, VA USA to Autogrip.com’s demanding standards.